Snow days. First and foremost, I haven’t felt this freedom since college. Snow days were like getting an extra day back on your calendar. And these last few days, I’ve used it as my excuse to not leave the house. It’s been pure bliss my friends.
I’ve been able to knock out some wedding planning. Watch movies and specials. Read books. Reflect. Spend time with the fiancé. Talk and envision with self. Its been sooooo good. So very needed.
So a couple things I want to share:
The wedding is going to be bomb – celebration of the year (I’m claiming that)! We’re just really excited to celebrate with family and friends!
Bae and I watched Tiffany Haddish’s Showtime special – she’s hilarious y’all. It’s not an act – she just is who she is. I read another chapter of Issa Rae’s book – Awkward (y’all, I am her lol). I caught up on all the missed videos on Yvonne Orji’s Instagram page –she’s a nut lol, yet so inspiring. All of them had me yelling “Dope!” at the screen this weekend – like they are just who they are! I appreciate that. I’m inspired by that. They’re making a difference simply by showing up as they are.
I wanted to share a couple lessons I got from them:
- No matter how dorky, how crazy, how awkward you are – you CAN be you.
- The best you is the free you. (There’s no need to put yourself in a box nor operate in what others want you to be. When you submit to who you are and who you’ve been created to be, you can be you fearlessly and freely.)
- If you believe you can, who can tell you differently? (If you gotta dream, go get it!)
- Run your race! (No one can tell you how to live your life.)
- Find the good in everything! (The power of positive thinking and goal setting.)
- Know your why (Don’t forget what you’re doing it for. Let that be the thing that keeps you going.)
- Keep creating your passions and don’t make excuses for yourself!
We all need reminders and inspiration. Be inspired. Be reminded.
Live life relinquished folks! –