I woke up this morning incredibly grateful.
Simply grateful for my life…
Grateful for my opportunities…
I am so grateful for my peace, health and wealth. Not a monetary wealth, but a spiritual and emotional wealth that has so richly been instilled into my life over the last year. The peace, joy and love in my heart resonates and completely permeates my soul to the point it overflows. I feel the tears welling up as I write…like I’m literally overflowing with gratefulness this morning.
As many of you know, I’m leaving for my very first mission trip to South Africa in less than 36 hours. I am incredibly grateful for this opportunity! Grateful to step onto new land ; To interact with new people; To see new things I’ve never had the privilege of seeing before and most of all, grateful to experience God in a new place!
I am also very grateful for the people who have helped to make this trip possible! The prayers, donations, encouraging words and love have truly blown me away and I’m honored that so many people chose to invest in my life! Man oh man am I grateful – y’all just don’t know how grateful I am!! Love yall! ❤
In preparation for the trip, I’ve been praying, reading, and doing some studying. Currently The Lord has placed the book of James on my heart and mind. I’m not exactly sure why yet, but I’m sure I’ll share once I know more – stay tuned!
I’ve also been packing and shopping for essentials, you know – travel pillows, compression socks, bug spray, snacks and the like…
Oh and since I have 24 hours of flight time ahead of me (not including layovers), it was only right that I prepare my media collection as well!
- Rhinestone Jesus by Kristen Welch [A friend gave me the book and I love it! Can’t wait to finish! The author is the founder of MercyHouseKenya.org)
- Francis Chan’s Collection: Crazy Love, Forgotten God, Erasing Hell, Multiply [I listen to his sermons sometimes, figured it was time to check out his books…]
- The Linch Pin by Seth Godin [mentor recommendation]
- The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson [My pastor recommended it, so I’m excited to check this one out]
- Saturate by Jeff Vanderstelt [Sounded interesting, so I wanted to check it out!]
- The Bible [Always a good word to read!]
- Jackie Hill Perry– From poetry to rapping…just all around dope (https://youtu.be/S94E4HP21cU) [Listed on iTunes]
- Sean C. Johnson– When I tell y’all this brother’s music has blessed me! Every bit of soulful that I love (https://seancjohnson.bandcamp.com/album/circa-1993)
- Swoope – His word play is ridiculous! I be geeked listening to His music (https://youtu.be/bFOpZ7zBHgA?list=PLULusMBSCxpElitymUI1knJp0KzsIztJz) [Listed on iTunes]
- Eshon Burgundy– ALL his music bangs! Love his vibe and the message is real and powerful! (https://youtu.be/wHMXaaK7Oq0?list=PLR1d0i1XL6nhQ1KqrSsn5CPVBVidTR2U8) [Listed on iTunes]
- Carl Moore Music– An all-around talented brother – writes, plays, sings, produces; on that Clean Music Movement. Oh and he’s the director of music at my church (s/o to Light of the World Ministries) (https://youtu.be/5y0lqGdSIVQ) [Listed on iTunes]
- Naquia Chante– Just released a new single that goes hard! I also sing with her at church 🙂 (https://youtu.be/Zn-8Wcji-aQ) [Listed on iTunes]
- J Givenz – One of my faves! His style is creative and his rhymes are deep! (https://youtu.be/DtFA440e5Ks) [He’s on Spotify]
- For King and Country – I love their sound! If you don’t know, go find out about them! (https://youtu.be/lky7U8ygU78?list=PLmm4KjJc__-BVycFK94QbjFLqw5AzVaUM) [Listed on iTunes]
- John Givez – His style is so smooth thO! (https://youtu.be/GssXioAmqPw?list=PLxirAbmInGlM0XBsql2qHFHfsaih0rTrW) [Listed on iTunes]
- Natalie Lauren– singer/songwriter…she’s talented and I like her stuff! (http://noisetrade.com/natalielauren) [Free albums!]
- Christon Gray – I love his R&B sound! (https://youtu.be/0J2piK5y91s?list=PLyMv8MjOpHg9uU7GNnPmAbX8l1v_-oE9C) [Listed on iTunes]
- Joe Solomon– I enjoy his poetry! (http://noisetrade.com/josephsolomon) [Free album!]
- Mali Music– I love me some Mali! His stuff is so unique and has a great message (lhttps://youtu.be/1jEaqVzWVTA?list=PLV9JL0ipS5Lj2sOXF64RVWMZpkSZTcG85) [Listed on iTunes]
I could literally talk about music all day, but I won’t overwhelm y’all. When you get a chance, check out some of the other artist I listen to on YouTube/Spotify/iTunes/etc. Comment if you have any suggestions too!
- Trip Lee
- Derek Minor
- Andy Mineo
- Beautiful Eulogy
- Alex Faith
- Ezekiel Azonwu
- Preston Perry
- Hillsong United
- Jesus Culture
PS: I mostly buy music off artists’ sites, iTunes, and I use Spotify Premium (currently 99 cents for 3 months)
Well, I just wanted to update y’all. I’m really grateful and excited for this experience!!! I’ll be sure to share details once I return -stay tuned! And send a prayer up for my travel group and I 🙂 *muah*